GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
3rd November 2021
- Terms and conditions are delivered by Urban Walks Pty Limited, Suite 303, 10-12 Clarke Street CROWS NEST NSW 2065, AUSTRALIA (ABN 45 773 818 148) (The Company) hereafter referred to as Urban Walks.
- We’, ‘us’, or ‘our’ refers to Urban Walks.
- ‘Participant’, ‘guest’, refers to the person who has booked and/or is participating in a tour hereafter referred to as a Walker(s).
- After Urban Walks accepts a booking of a tour with Urban Walks, Walkers accept these Terms and Conditions as a binding contract.
- In addition to Itinerary creation, provision of guides and transport, Urban Walks engages other professional service providers to perform part of our Guided Walks. These services can include but are not limited to Accommodation Services, Food & Beverage providers, Activity Providers.
- These In so far as permissible under the relevant jurisdiction, Urban Walks does not accept liability for the delivery, actions or service standards of these service providers.
- Our advertised tour prices are subject to variable and seasonal pricing including discount offers. Our prices may vary at any time in accordance with demand, availability and market conditions. Different passengers on the same tour may have been charged different prices.
- Any reduced pricing or discounts that may become available after you have paid your deposit will not apply.
- Our website contains our most up to date pricing. Prices are quoted inclusive of Australian Goods & Services Taxes (GST) in Australian Dollars (AUD).
- While we do our utmost to avoid any price increases, we reserve the right to change any of our published prices without notice at any time until full payment is received and for any other reasons outside of our reasonable control (including without limitation, to cover changes in government taxes and charges, or a force majeure event, or for a pandemic existing, at any time prior to travel.
- Inclusions and exclusions are listed on the itinerary provided to Walkers at time of booking.
SINGLE SUPPLEMENT/SHARED ACCOMODATION
- Our standard advertised prices are based on two people sharing a room in one bed. The standard of accommodation being provided is predominately of a boutique 4 to 5-star standard. Typically, this type of accommodation has limited or no twin share rooms (Beds cannot be split).
- A single traveler may request a shared room at time of booking. You will be advised at this time whether a shared room booking can be accepted.
- If a shared room booking cannot be accepted, and a Walker wishes to continue with booking, a single supplement (Additional fee) will apply. Single Supplements will be advised at the time the booking is requested and are generally in accordance with our advertised pricing.
COMMISSION FROM SUPPLIERS
- Urban Walks may earn commissions from suppliers such as hotels and activity operators. The Commission system in travel is considered standard practice.
RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In undertaking a tour with Urban Walks, Walkers acknowledge that the company has obligations to keep its employees, contractors and suppliers safe. Urban Walks reserves the right to expel or exclude a Walker from any or all of the walks schedule if they through their unreasonable actions, jeopardise the safety of Urban Walks employees, contractors and suppliers.
- Furthermore, Walkers acknowledge Urban Walks is in the business of providing guided walks that a both safe and enjoyable to all its Walkers. Urban Walks reserves the right to expel or exclude a Walker from any or all of the walks schedule if they through their unreasonable actions, jeopardise the safety of other Walkers or prevent or impede the enjoyment of other Walkers. In the first instance, guides will advise Walkers that their actions are having a negative impact and will recommend courses of action to defuse any concerns. If in the opinion of the guides, said recommended courses are not adhered to, further steps may be taken. In the event that a Walker is expelled or excluded from any or all of the walks schedule, no compensation will be provided.
- Each Walker has an obligation to disclose to Urban Walks any pre-existing medical condition that may impair a Walkers ability to complete the scheduled itinerary. A Medical release form will be provided at the time of booking and must be completed before your booking is confirmed. For Walkers over the age of 75 years at the tour commencement date, a medical release must be completed by a registered medical practioner on the form provided before your booking is confirmed.
- Sectors on our walks range from easy to moderate and up to strenuous, and each will require a different level of fitness and ability. At a minimum, participants must be able to carry their own day pack, climb and descend stairs, be in good health, mobile and able to participate in up to 6 hours of physical activity per day, the equivalent of walking / hiking up to 16 kilometers per day on uneven ground. If Urban Walks considers that you are not fit to participate in the walk, Urban Walks may refuse to allow you to participate in the walk if in its reasonable opinion considers that you are not fit to participate in the walk. Please contact Urban Walks to discuss any physical or medical limitations that you may have prior to booking.
- Urban Walks strongly recommends all travellers have adequate travel insurance for their trip. Your insurance should provide cover against personal accident and sickness, medical expenses, emergency repatriation and personal liability. We also recommend that the policy covers cancellation, curtailment, loss of luggage and personal effects.
- For Australian residents: Under the Federal Government Medicare Act it is prohibited for any domestic travel insurance product to provide any financial reimbursement with regard to medical expenses and ambulance/air ambulance services. We advise our Walkers to take specific cover for ambulance through their respective State/Territory ambulance providers or through their own private health insurance.
- For International residents, adequate travel insurance is mandatory and proof of such insurance will be required at time of final payment. Adequate Travel Insurance for International Walkers should cover at a minimum against personal accident and sickness, medical expenses, emergency repatriation and personal liability. We also recommend that the policy covers cancellation, curtailment, loss of luggage and personal effects.
WAIVERS AND INDEMINTY
- Urban Walks tours are conducted on routes that include public pathways and roads, private property, waterways and parks. Urban Walks will use its best endeavours to advise of any risks encountered along its scheduled routes, however in accepting these terms and conditions, Walkers understand and acknowledge the inherent risks associated with walking tours. A waiver and indemnity release will be provided at the time of booking and must be completed before your booking is confirmed.
COMPLAINTS AND CLAIMS
- After safety, it is our primary aim to provide Walkers with an enjoyable and memorable experience. In the unfortunate instance where we are not meeting your expectations, our Leaders will make every effort to deal with any issues to your satisfaction. If our Leaders are unable to resolve any issues during your tour, you should contact Urban Walks in the first instance at email@example.com.
MARKETING AND SOCIAL MEDIA
- From time to time Urban Walks will post or publish photos and videos to Urban Walks social media and other Urban Walks marketing material. These posts or publications may include images of individuals and groups on individuals who are on the tour. Should you wish not to have your images posted or published, you must advise us on or before departure of the tour. Otherwise, you are deemed to have consented to the inclusion of any such material or promotions.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISTICTION
- The laws of New South Wales (NSW) govern these standard terms and conditions. The parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales and the Commonwealth of Australia
TERMS & CONDITIONS (MULTI-DAY & OVERNIGHT WALKS)
3rd November 2021
BOOKING AND PAYMENT TERMS
- To register your interest in an Urban Walks Guided tour, a completed booking form must be received and acknowledged by Urban Walks. Booking forms can be found on our website. www.urbanwalks.com.au or can be provided on request.
- Your deposit is used towards pre-tour operational and administration costs for your tour. A minimum initial of deposit of 10% of the tour cost will be required at the time of booking. The deposit amount may be adjusted depending on when you complete your booking.
- Your final payment is due 90 days prior to departure.
- On certain tours, additional inclusions may apply, in which case you will be advised before we accept your booking.
- Urban walks general policy is to have no more than 10 Walkers on any tour unless otherwise stated. If less than 4 Walkers are booked on a tour, Urban Walks reserves the right to cancel the tour not less than 90 days prior to departure.
- In such event, Urban Walks will notify the Lead Walker in writing using the contact details provided at time of booking and offer, in the first instance, the opportunity for walkers to join a different tour date. If this is unsuitable, Urban Walks may agree to continue with the scheduled walk as a Private Guided Walk. Private Guided walks are subject to different pricing which will be advised at the time the opportunity is presented.
- If No acceptable alternate dates are available and the Walker does not wish to participate in a Private Guided Walk, all monies received will be refunded.
- All Tours of 4 people booked at 90 Days are guaranteed of departure.
AMENDMENTS, CANCELLATIONS AND POSTPONEMENTS BY TRAVELLERS
- In the event that a Walker needs to amend or cancel a booked tour, the following policy applies. Amendments are limited to name changes. All Amendments, Cancellations and postponements must be notified to Urban Walks in writing and addressed to Urban Walks. Suite 303, 10-12 Clarke Street, CROWS NEST NSW 2065 AUSTRALIA or firstname.lastname@example.org. Amendments, Cancellations and postponements must include the Walker Name, Booking reference and Tour dates.
- If written cancellation is received and accepted by Urban Walks, the following fees will apply if the deposit payments are up to date.
- More than 180 days before departure – 100% of deposit will be refunded.
- From 180 days to 90 days before departure – Deposit is non-refundable.
- From 90 days to 30 days before departure – 50% of fees are refundable.
- 30 days or less prior to departure – Fees are non-refundable.
- As an alternative to cancelling a tour, Walkers may elect to postpone a tour to a different departure date. In the event that a Walker wishes to postpone a tour, any portion of fees applied to a new tour date must be used with 18 months of the original tour date. Fees to be applied will be in accordance with our standard cancellation policy.
- Urban Walks is not able to postpone a Walkers tour unless written notification is provided not less than 90 days ahead of scheduled tour. For notification received less than 90 days prior to the scheduled tour date, acceptance of postponement provisions is entirely at the discretion of Urban Walks.
AMENDMENTS, CANCELLATIONS AND POSTPONEMENTS BY URBAN WALKS
- Urban Walks may cancel any tour for any reason not less than 90 days prior to departure.
- If Urban Walks cancels a trip, any monies paid will be subject to a full refund.
- If cancellation occurs less than 90 days before tour date and not for reasons identified as Minimum Walkers, cancellation will be subject to the following conditions.
- If Force Majeure or a pandemic existing applies, any monies that have or could reasonably be expected to be expended on committed elements of the tour, Urban Walks will refund all monies that can be recovered from the recipients of those committed elements less an administration fee of $250.00 AUD.
- If Force Majeure or a pandemic does not exist does not apply and cancellation is less than 90 days before departure Urban Walks will apply any refunds in accordance with the prevailing consumer law protections available to Walkers.
- Urban walks may amend a portion of any tour including change of route, alternate transport, change of accommodation, change of food and beverage service provider and change of activity within a) 5 days of a tour commencing, or, b) once a tour commences if in the opinion of Urban Walks at its absolute discretion, the tour in its entirety or portions of the tour are unsafe to participate in.
- In the event that safety considerations impact the Guided Walking elements of the tour, the tour will continue and Urban Walks will use its best endeavours to develop and provide alternative itineraries and arrangements.
- In the event that safety of Guides and Walkers is a deciding factor to amending a tour, Urban Walks is not obliged to refund any monies or postpone or rerun the tour at a different time.